Thursday, December 30, 2010

Infomercials: They Aren't A Joke Afterall

Those that know me crack jokes over how whenever a new infomercial comes out, I have to buy that product. Dating back to all of the infomercials from the late Billy Mays, that is where it all started. I would see products like the Hercules Hooks, and the Mighty Putty, and they would all intrigue me and so I would say to myself, "I have to buy this now"!

So, I would purchase it online, because I do not trust talking to random customer service reps over the phone and giving out my information, so I wait until the online purchase page says its secure than I purchase. It would arrive a couple weeks later and I would give it out as a gift. Sometimes, if you purchase the product directly from the manufacturer's website it will say that it will take six to eight weeks to arrive. I would just buy it from merchants like Amazon.com or eBay.com if that was the case.

A product that came out over an infomercial about six months ago, that I always wanted to try, was the Shake Weight. They made it seem so awesome and convenient if you really want to weight lift but you didn't have time to do the dumb bells and bench pressing and all that. Six minutes a day and you're done it says. It seemed too good to be true so I always wanted to buy one. My brother found out and kept making fun of me, saying that it was the ultimate "hand job" tool and that it was made for homosexuals. I just looked at him and said, "I will show you that it works".

Christmas comes, and what is under my stocking? None other than the Shake Weight. I waited until later in the day and then I opened it up, and I tried it. It actually works, and it operates on what is called Dynamic Inertia. That is the movement of muscles on an even plane and the contracting of the muscles. Holding a position multiple times provides ten times the muscle cooperation than dumb bells can do in a lesser amount of time. It comes with a DVD and I intend to use that soon as well to get more exercises out of it. I look over at my brother now, and flex and then smile, because now I'm showing him that it works. Infomercial products actually can work and it is a surprise.

I think the next on my list will be the Magic Bullet, you know, the blender slash juicer. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment